Obama Resets Amercan National Defense Back to Zero: More on the U.S.-Russia Spy Sweep
The New York Times reports today: Spy Suspects Leave U.S. in Swap With Russia. This is officially the fastest thing Obama has done yet. Here are a few additional comments to what I said already:
- The New York Times still calls them “suspects” even though the first words of the article are “Ten convicted Russian sleeper agents”. Maybe even the Times realizes the phoniness of this scheme.
- When was the last front-page news article you’ve seen about the four American spies we’re “trading” these 10 Russian for? I take that back. When was the last last-page article? I guess what I’m saying is: who the fuck are these people? Just another four, random, innocent people who’ve been locked up in a foreign jail cell? Actually, that’s both scary and entirely possible. And good thing we’ve been fighting for them all this time!
- To what end does Obama want to “reset” American-Russian relations? So far, I see the part about burying our heads in the sand about Russia’s mafia-style government, and the part about eliminating our own nuclear defense capabilities. But what other good stuff to get out of it?
- What is the nature of a “new-era relationship” between the U.S. and Russia, if said relationship involves rushing their spies home before thoroughly investigating what the fuck those spies were actually doing here?
- Am I the only who thinks Obama is like a child who just got caught stealing a cookie from the cookie jar and is acting like nothing ever happened? No, actually it’s more like: he was about to steal a cookie from the cookie jar, when along came ten Russian spies who got in the way. Let’s ship these spies out of here so I can get back to stealing cookies!
- And back to the four so-called American spies we care so deeply about that Hillary Clinton has been about as interested and publicly vocal about them as she is about extramarital blowjobs. Who are these people? According to the Times: “Igor V. Sutyagin, an arms control researcher held for 11 years; Sergei Skripal, a colonel in Russia’s military intelligence service sentenced in 2006 to 13 years for spying for Britain; Aleksandr Zaporozhsky, a former agent with Russia’s Foreign Intelligence Service who has served seven years of an 18-year sentence; and Gennadi Vasilenko, a former K.G.B. major who was arrested in 1998″. Not one American! No wonder we haven’t given two flying shits about these people. It’s a good thing we got four Russians in exchange for our trade of ten Russians. Sounds like a great deal to me!
- In the same Times article, Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel is quoted: “It sends a clear signal to not only Russia but other countries that will attempt this that we are on to them.” Even I don’t think the American people are stupid enough to believe this act of brazen pussiness is somehow a show of strength. This Obama administration is truly the lowest rung of scum I might ever have come across.